- Award Nominations 1/17/19
- Graduate Memorial Scholarships 1/21/19
- Elections for NWOEA RA Delegate 2/1/19
- OEA Fall Representative Assembly 12/1/19
December 1, 2018
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
1. Elected the following statewide candidate:
· Deborah Jackson (Princeton ACE) – OEA Board of Directors At-Large (with a term ending 8/31/2019)
2. Voted on the following Constitution and Bylaws Proposals:
· #1 – To amend Article IV, Section 4 and Article V, Section 12 of the Ohio Education Association (OEA) Constitution; and Bylaw 2-5(d), Bylaw 4-1(a), and Bylaw 8-4(g) and (h) of the OEA Bylaws to remove the requirement that the Representative Assembly meet twice per year, in the fall and in the spring, and require that the RA meet annually in the spring. – FAILED
· #2 – To amend Bylaw 2-2 of the Ohio Education Association (OEA) Bylaws to define a member in good standing. – PASSED
3. Adopted the proposed 2018-2019 Legislative Policies for Achieving Excellence in Education, as amended.
4. Passed the following New Business Items:
FA-2018-01 – OEA will investigate the feasibility of an electronic system for locals to submit RA Delegate and alternate election results beginning in the 2019-20 academic year.
FA-2018-02 – OEA Officers will charge the Constitution & Bylaws Committee with amending the Leadership Council Policies (formerly AMSDP) to include language that puts a policy on filling Labor Relations Consultant (LRC) positions within 90 days. The Constitution & Bylaws Committee will report on their progress at the May 2019 Representative Assembly.
· There were 826 registered delegates at the assembly.
· Delegates contributed $29,967.44 to the OEA Fund for Children and Public Education.
· FCPE giveaway winners:
o $2,000 – Angel Dyer-Sanchez (Columbus E.A.)
o $500 – Joe Ohradzansky (Mount Healthy T.A.)
o $400 – Juliann Doershuk (Alliance E.A.)
o $300 – Julie Meyer (Columbus E.A.)
o $200 – Donna O’Connor (Dublin E.A.)
o $100 – Phyllis Bell (Mason E.A.)
· The following Constitution articles were read by title for amendment at the May 2019 RA: Article III – Governance Structure; Article V – Board of Directors.
101 W. Sandusky, Suite 302
Findlay, Ohio 45840
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
Toll Free: 1-800-366-9632